Thursday, June 23, 2011

[.don't try to stop us.]

This has very little to do with drawing, but in 2009 I took a ridiculous trip up part of the East Coast. During the course of this week-long, solitary excursion of hitch-hiking, Greyhound-ing, and (in the beginning and end of all of it) catching airplanes, I shot about 9 or 10 rolls of B&W film (mostly Kodak, but one Ilford HP5, though that doesn't matter much). Starting in Chapel Hill, NC (where I went for a free parking lot show of the band The Love Language), then catching a bus up to Washington, DC for 3 days or so, and then finally on to New York City for another 3 days or so, I spent a bit of time photographically exploring the different cities, and generally just exploring. So, here are some of the shots I liked best from the first roll I got back, from NYC.

Eventually, I will make hand-printed copies of all of this, and perfect the values on each. But these are the scanned negatives, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment